ISSF regularly reports on its activities and outcomes, including through yearly participating company audit and compliance reports, technical reports on scientific research findings, and an annual report.
For a summary of ISSF programs, priorities, and results, peruse Advancing Sustainable Tuna Fisheries, our 2018-2022 Strategic Plan microsite.
2020 ISSF Annual Report
Our 2020 annual report, Staying the Course, was published in April 2021. The report explores these topics:
- Transparency update, including a feature article by Andrew A. Rosenberg, Director, Center for Science and Democracy, Union of Concerned Scientists & Member, ISSF Scientific Advisory Committee; ProActive Vessel Register growth; and participating company compliance performance
- Social responsibility and sustainable seafood feature article by Sara Lewis, Director, Traceability Division, FishWise & Member, ISSF Environmental Stakeholder Committee
- Sustainable fisheries research, including ISSF bio-FAD research projects and a feature article on mobula ray bycatch mitigation by Melissa Cronin, Grand Prize Winner in ISSF’s Seafood Sustainability Contest
- RFMO advocacy priorities and outcomes
- Tuna stock health and the Marine Stewardship Council fisheries standard
The report also includes welcome messages from ISSF leadership and a financial overview. Read an April 22, 2021, press release about the report.