An asterisk at the end of a report title indicates that earlier versions of the report are available. If you would like to request an older version of a report, write to us at [email protected].
We hope you find our scientific reports valuable, and we appreciate your support of our work. The covers of our reports now include suggested citations to make it easy to cite ISSF reports in your own research.
Many of our reports are resources for fishery improvement projects (FIPs).
ISSF / IPNLF Skippers' Guidebook to Pole-and-Line Fishing Best Practices
|Date Added:||July 11, 2019|
|Tags:||Best Practices, Pole and Line, Skippers Guidebook, Tuna|
ISSF and the International Pole & Line Foundation have collaborated to produce a guidebook on best practices for pole-and-line tuna skippers and vessel crew.
This is the first edition of the guidebook, which includes many photos, illustrations, and detailed tables. It covers:
- Target tuna species in pole-and-line fishing
- Tuna fishing operations, including tuna schools and fishing strategy
- Catch handling, preservation, and quality issues, including storage practices and equipment
- Baitfish species and baitfish management
- Livebait capture and utilization
The guidebook also includes information about the history of pole-and-line fishing and sustainability considerations.